Saturday 31 January 2009

Martha Wainwright @ Celtic Connections in Glasgow


Me and Gill arrive at The Old Fruitmarket for the Martha Wainwright gig. I've been jumping up and down with excitement all day but I think I'm looking quite self composed here - I wasn't really :-)

Even the ticket was getting me excited!


Support act Teddy Thompson was good and had very long shiny shoes on - but I just wanted to see Martha.



The Old Fruitmarket was packed out and the crowd were getting excited.




Tops of folks' heads are always fascinating to me!





At last! Martha appears. All by herself, very brave. And she was amazing - not been this excited by anyone in a long time.






And she's a Celtic fan - great!







Yes I know I've already put this pic on but it's a happy smiley photie and that's how we were feeling at the end of it. A brilliant night!

No comments: